Updated August 2021
Clearing and grading is well underway for the multi-purpose fields and tennis, courts and parking lots for that area. Temporary erosion control ponds in the multi-purpose field area are being converted to permanent stormwater control measures. The road network and baseball / softball fields continue to take shape. Nearly all of the retaining walls are complete and underground utilities continue to be installed.
Meetings were held with all playground suppliers / installers to coordinate the scheduled for installations of the amenity area that should start in August. Field lighting is complete for the multi-purpose fields and tennis courts. The latest schedule has portions of the facility available for use in the 2022, with additional amenities opening on a rolling schedule as they are completed.
With all of the amenities listed above on 92 acres of property, openings and programming of facilities will be on a rolling basis after the initial opening in the Fall of 2022.
- 6 multi-purpose fields and signature fieldhouse with staff offices, meeting space, concession area, restrooms and classrooms
- 4 baseball/ softball fields, batting cages and warm up areas, fieldhouse with staff office, meeting space, concession area, and restrooms
- 4 tennis courts, 6 pickleball courts, and 2 basketball courts
- SPLASHLANTIS water play
- 1.5 acre Enchanted Forest with numerous inclusive play villages (Kingdom in the Clouds, Reverie, Gnome’s Hollow, Melody Madness, Discovery Dig, Sticks & Stones, Trollway Bridge, & Splashlantis)
- 3 Picnic Shelters with restrooms
- Grand Lawn open play area
- Cross Country Course
- Maintenance Operation Building with equipment yard
- Maintenance Storage Building
- Team gathering areas for large events
- Food truck Alley
The currently approved site plan includes the following additional amenities: 3 pickle ball courts, 2 basketball courts, 4 lighted turf baseball/softball fields, a sand volleyball court, restroom and concession areas, a field house with locker rooms, 3 picnic shelters, a 5K cross country course, and an open play lawn. Once completed, the park will have a total of 3 picnic shelters with restrooms, multiple seating and gathering areas, open lawns, a food truck "alley" and paved lighted walkways for circulation and safety.
Meeting the Needs:
Athletics Program Expansion: The Town’s athletic fields are scheduled to capacity resulting in waiting lists for most youth and many adult athletic programs. There is no ability to add new programs such as lacrosse or partner with local private sports programs or schools to provide field space. The fields built at Pleasant Park will allow for the expansion of softball, baseball, tennis, soccer, and lacrosse programs.
Tournament Hosting: Our residents travel all over the state to participate in youth athletic tournaments. Pleasant Park is envisioned as a tournament facility, allowing Apex athletes to stay and play.