Be sure to follow the provided guidelines to keep safe from lightning strikes.
- Learn precautionary measures.
- Share information with household members.
- Monitor weather before outdoor activities.
- Have a professional install lightning rods on home.
- Stay indoors.
- Avoid plumbing fixtures and appliances.
- Do not use faucets/showers.
- If you are in the forest go to low area under low, thick tree growth.
- If you are on a boat go ashore immediately.
- If you are in an open area: go to low area, crouch (do not lie flat).
- Avoid steel reinforced concrete buildings and metal.
- Avoid hilltops, beaches, small structures in open area and open water.
- If hair stands on end (indicator lightning will strike) drop to your knees, bend forward, put your hands on knees (do not lie flat).
- Do not congregate with other people, spread out.
- Do not use phone or electrical equipment.
- If you are in your car try to stay in car until storm passes.