Contractor / Builder Service Requests & Inspections
Online Request Forms for Service Requests and Inspections
Requests for installations and inspections should be submitted via our online service request forms below. This is our preferred method, however, if you have difficulty accessing or using these online forms you may contact Jessica Sloan at (919) 372-7478 to assist you.
Water Meter Requirements for new Commercial Building Permits and Commercial / Residential Irrigation Permits
New Commercial Building Permits and Commercial and Residential Irrigation Permits require additional steps before the Water Resources Operations division can install the water meter. Please follow the appropriate checklist below to schedule your water meter installation.
Commercial New Building Permits
- Building permit issued and applicable fees assessed and paid (water meter and capital reimbursement fees).
- Backflow Assembly installed (backflow must be an approved lead free assembly)
- Inspections - The Plumbing Water/Sewer and Rough In Backflow Inspections must be passed before the water meter can be installed. They can be scheduled simultaneously at the following Building Inspection & Permitting webpage www.apexnc.org/inspectionrequest.
- CCTV Inspection - The sewer extension and / or sewer service must pass CCTV inspection by a 3rd Party Contractor prior to water meter installation. Contact your Infrastructure Inspector to setup the CCTV inspection.
- All water / sewer testing / sampling completed and acknowledged by Infrastructure Inspector.
- Engineer’s Certificate of Completion for Water and Sewer, if applicable. Email a copy of the certificate to the attention of email@example.com. Provide the original signed certificate to Jean Weatherman in Development Services, 3rd Floor at 73 Hunter Street, PO Box 250, Apex, NC 27502.
- Submit online service request form for Water Meter Installation at www.apexnc.org/WaterMeterInstall.
Commercial / Residential Irrigation Permits
- Irrigation permit issued and applicable fees assessed and paid (water meter and capital reimbursement fees).
- Backflow Assembly installed (backflow must be an approved lead free assembly).
- Inspections - Rough In Plumbing and Rough In Backflow Inspections must be passed before the water meter can be installed. They can be scheduled simultaneously at the following Building Inspection & Permitting webpage www.apexnc.org/inspectionrequest.
- Submit online service request form for Water Meter Installation at www.apexnc.org/WaterMeterInstall
Final Water Resources Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy Approval
Effective July 1, 2018, a $100 fee will be assessed for the Final Water Resources Inspection (formerly known as the Public Works Final) on all new commercial and one and two-family dwelling permits that are issued on or after July 1, 2018. A reinspection fee in the amount of $75 will be assessed for each failed inspection. Please see the complete Fee Schedule on our website atwww.apexnc.orgcurrentfeeschedule. Passing inspection requirements are listed in the water and sewer checklists below:
Requests for the Final Water Resources Inspection should be requested via the Online Inspection Request form found on the Building Inspections & Permitting website at www.apexnc.orginspectionrequest. No call-in requests will be accepted. Only requests received prior to the 2:00 pm cut-off time will be scheduled for the next business day. Cancellations must be called in to Inspections & Permitting Department by 7:30 a.m. at (919) 249-3388.
Inspection results may be viewed online via ePermits found at www.apexnc.orginspection.
Please contact Jessica Sloan, Water Resources Administrative Specialist, at (919) 372-7478 if you have any questions regarding the Final Water Resources Inspection changes and procedures.
Passing Requirements - Final Water Resources Inspection
Please reference Section 6 - Water Distribution in the Town of Apex Standard Specifications and Construction Details.
- Meter (Visual Inspection) - Meter should be set properly - 4 to 6 inches from the meter lid to the meter register.
- Meter Box (Visual Inspection) - The meter box should be flush with grade, clear of water, and contain 4 inches of #67 stone.
- Setter (Visual Inspection) - Setter must have a dual check valve, located at the correct depth of 6 to 8 inches, and show no visible signs of damage.
- Radio Module - The module should be correctly mounted on a fiberglass rod approximately the same elevation as the meter.
- Water Service (Visual Inspection) - The area around the service should be back filled and graded for proper drainage. Area should not be wet or soft.
Please reference Section 7 - Sanitary Sewers in the Town of Apex Standard Specifications and Construction Details.
- Combination (Camera) - Combination is not cracked or damaged.
- Service Line (Camera) - No debris is found in the line and the line does not hold water.
- Sewer Cap (Visual Inspection) - Sewer cap is on the stack and not damaged.
- Stack (Camera) - Stack is straight, not bent.
- Stack Height (Visual Inspection) - Stack height is at least 6 inches above final grade.
- Tap (Camera) - Tap is made at the correct angle going to the main and in proper alignment.