Housing Advisory Board
The Town Council adopted an ordinance on September 14, 2021, to formally establish the Housing Advisory Board (HAB). On October 26, 2021, the Council appointed nine members to serve on the HAB.
The HAB is intended to:
- Provide Town Council with policy and funding recommendations.
- Assist in the creation of an Annual Housing Report.
- Advise on Housing Advocacy efforts.
NEW - Affordable Housing Incentive Zoning Policy
On Tuesday, June 27, 2023, the Apex Town Council unanimously adopted the Affordable Housing Incentive Zoning Policy for the Town of Apex. The Affordable Housing Incentive Zoning Policy aims to provide zoning incentives to spur the construction of long-term affordable housing in Apex. The voluntary incentives are negotiated between the developer and staff when seeking entitlements during the rezoning process. The policy outlines a menu of zoning incentives available to the developer, allowing the developer to tailor the incentives based on the specific needs of their project and the unique characteristics of the development site. This flexible approach is intended to maximize developers' utilization of these incentives and accelerate the construction of longterm affordable housing.
Meetings & Agendas
Regular meetings of the Housing Advisory Board (HAB) are held on a quarterly basis and alternating between morning and afternoon meeting times. The meeting location is Town Hall located at 73 Hunter Street in Apex, North Carolina. Below are the meeting dates and meeting times for the remainder of calendar year 2023 and calendar year 2024.
2023 Meeting Schedule
- 3rd Quarter - Tuesday, September 5th - 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM | Agenda
- 4th Quarter - Tuesday, December 5th - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
2024 Meeting Schedule
- 1st Quarter - Tuesday, March 5th - 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- 2nd Quarter - Tuesday, June 4th - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- 3rd Quarter - Tuesday, September 3rd - 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- 4th Quarter - Tuesday, December 3rd - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
HAB agendas are available at least 48 hours prior to each meeting.
- Audra Killingsworth, Town Council Member, Non-voting (Oct 2022 - Oct 2023)
- Tina Sherman, Planning Board Member, Non-voting (Oct 2022 - Oct 2023)
- Philip J. Welch, Chair (Oct 2021 - Oct 2024)
- Rhett Fussell, Vice-Chair (Oct 2021 - Oct 2024)
- Valeria Cesanelli (Oct 2021 - Oct 2024)
- Paul Kane (Oct 2021 - Oct 2023)
- Seth Friedman (Oct 2021 - Oct 2023)
- Jacob Rogers (Oct 2021 - Oct 2023)
- Martha L. Rodgers (Oct 2021 - Oct 2024)
Michael Linsenmeyer, Senior Housing Specialist
How to Serve
If you’re interested in serving on HAB, please complete this interest form. You will be contacted when a vacancy occurs.
Rules of Procedure
The Housing Advisory Board operates according to the following Rules of Procedure.
For more information about housing programs and plans in Apex visit the Apex Housing Program page.